Subject: bug#49866: 28.0.50; gnus-summary-exit from the transient search buffer giving error

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 09:34:03 -0700

Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think I have isolated the cause. And the error is cause by these lines
> in my ~/.emacs.d/init.el (only if ebdb package is installed):
>
> (when (package-installed-p 'ebdb)
>   (require 'ebdb-gnus)
>   (require 'ebdb-message))
>
>
> If I remove the package ebdb then the error goes away.

That's pretty weird, as EBDB doesn't mess with Gnus marks at all.
Perhaps it is raising an error at some point, which is interrupting
nnselect's normal buffer setup? That's a completely wild guess.

Maybe try setting `ebdb-mua-auto-update-p' to nil and try again?
Whatever damage EBDB might be doing to Gnus should be done in the auto
update process.

But again, I can't even begin to guess why this would be happening.