Subject: bug#49865: 28.0.50; Customize project-find-file without thing-at-pont

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 03:36:06 +0300

Hi Manuel,

Good timing.

On 04.08.2021 09:16, Manuel Uberti wrote:
> when I use project-find-file it always picks up the thing at point even 
> when it is something I am pretty sure that does not correspond to a 
> filename, which, in my case, is all the times.

I have just pushed a patch previously discussed in bug#49204 which 
changes this behavior as well (commit fa89537).

Let me know how you like it. It should make the "thing at point" thing 
less in-your-face, but one could still reach for it when needed.

 > I know that this is not a real bug because I can still type whatever 
I want after calling project-find-file, so I totally understand if this 
is not something worth new code in project.el. It's just that I don't 
see the point for project-find-file to suggest me as defaults things 
like "defun" or "interactive".

Seeing "(default defun): " in the prompt must have been annoying. Though 
I think it was the most problematic when the string at point is long.