Subject: Re: bug#49864: 28.0.50; Fails to start after "make install"

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 14:56:45 +0300

> From: Wilhelm Kirschbaum <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 07:42:06 +0200
> 
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --with-mailutils --with-native-compilation
> sudo make install
> src/emacs -Q -> works as expected
> emacs -Q ->
> Error using execdir /usr/local/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../../../bin/:
> emacs:
> /usr/local/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../../../bin/../native-lisp/28.0.50-864bf4e5/preloaded/window-0d1b8b93-dcb2375f.eln:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could it be that the emacs.pdmp file is installed in the wrong place,
and that confuses Emacs at startup?  The emacs.pdmp file should be in
/usr/local/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/

And where do you have the file window-0d1b8b93-dcb2375f.eln there? on
your system? can you show the full absolute file names of all of its
copies you have?