Subject: bug#49864: 28.0.50; Fails to start after "make install"

From: Wilhelm Kirschbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 07:42:06 +0200

Emacs starts normally when I run it directly from the /src folder, but
fails to start when starting from the installation directory
"/usr/local/bin/emacs"

This only happens with native-compilation.

Steps I followed:
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git --depth 1
cd emacs
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-mailutils --with-native-compilation
sudo make install
src/emacs -Q -> works as expected
emacs -Q ->
Error using execdir
/usr/local/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../../../bin/:
emacs:
/usr/local/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../../../bin/../native-lisp/28.0.50-864bf4e5/preloaded/window-0d1b8b93-dcb2375f.eln:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30,
cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-08-03 built on iloveyou
Repository revision: 88577aed3a17109bb7b13871f185133641c25e73
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 67036 9106)
 (symbols 48 6615 0)
 (strings 32 19283 1673)
 (string-bytes 1 655196)
 (vectors 16 13450)
 (vector-slots 8 287066 12589)
 (floats 8 22 31)
 (intervals 56 199 0)
 (buffers 992 10))