Subject: Problem with GNU ELPA build of :core package (Re: [GNU ELPA] So-Long version 1.1)

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:17:23 +1200

Yesterday I merged[1] so-long v1.1 to the Emacs master branch, and
per the GNU ELPA config[2] I subsequently got a notification email
to say that v1.1 was now on ELPA too; but I've noticed that the
ELPA version is wrong -- the tar file provided at the ELPA page[3]
does not contain the same version that is in Emacs.

It looks like it's taken one of the new commits and made a build
from that, but it's not the revision from the merge, so it's
missing many of the changes.

[1] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=3a56d4eea93e2fe832021a0685e2d9fe5bbd034b
[2] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/tree/elpa-packages?id=06e26055b3377#n346
[3] https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/so-long.html

Could someone (Stefan?) fix the ELPA version, and see if you can
figure out what went awry here?

I suppose the version may need a bump in case anyone has installed
this already.  Preferably something like 1.1.1 rather than 1.2.

-Phil

On 2021-08-04 09:02, ELPA update wrote:
> Version 1.1 of package So-Long has just been released in GNU ELPA.
> You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
> 
> So-Long describes itself as:
>   Say farewell to performance problems with minified code.
> 
> More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/so-long.html