Subject: bug#49855: Problem with GNU ELPA build of :core package (Re: [GNU ELPA] So-Long version 1.1)

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 01:11:27 +1200

On 2021-08-05 10:33, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Do you think you can come up with a patch against `elpa-admin.el`
> doing that?

Yes, I think I can take a stab at that.

My initial foray has raised one item of potential interest:

Git 2.22 Release Notes
======================
  * "git log -L<from>,<to>:<path>" with "-s" did not suppress the patch
    output as it should.  This has been corrected.
    (merge 05314efaea jk/line-log-with-patch later to maint).

I don't know whether there's any reason to support older git
versions, but I'm using git 2.17.1 and so the command generated
by `elpaa--get-release-revision' gives me this:

$ git log -n1 --no-patch --pretty=format:%H -L '/^;;* 
*\(Package-\)\?Version:/,+1:lisp/so-long.el'
b84986af52d4e9debace2850a5ec106f51e38e61
diff --git a/lisp/so-long.el b/lisp/so-long.el
--- a/lisp/so-long.el
+++ b/lisp/so-long.el
@@ -11,1 +11,1 @@
-;; Version: 1.1
+;; Version: 1.1.1

I didn't twig initially that I wasn't seeing the intended
output, and spent a while fruitlessly wondering where in the
elisp that got trimmed down to a single line...

-Phil