Subject: 27.2.50; map-merge plist return alist

From: Rajeev N <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 19:38:48 +0000

(map-merge 'plist nil '(:a 1))
expected: '(:a 1)
got: '((:a . 1))

Also, tested on master.

In GNU Emacs 27.2.50 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-07-14 built on hp
Repository revision: 7ac411ae2ce91572a2bdb8eaa1ee6ceccf162e35
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Recent messages:
(No files need saving)
Opening connection to imap.sivalik.com via tls...
Opening connection to imap.sivalik.com...done
Opening connection to imap.gmail.com via tls...
Opening connection to imap.gmail.com...done
nnimap rajeev.sivalik splitting mail...done
nnimap binita.gmail splitting mail...done
nnimap read 0k from imap.gmail.com
Hiding all blocks...done
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-cairo
 --prefix=/home/rajeev/tmp/build/em/o/emacs-27'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT
LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  global-so-long-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/rajeev/.config/emacs/elpa/map-3.0/map hides /home/rajeev/tmp/build/em/o/emacs-27/share/emacs/27.2.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/map

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug utf-7 nnml js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs smerge-mode diff
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher mm-archive network-stream url-cache edmacro kmacro
server cursor-sensor time-stamp bbdb-gnus nnfolder xt-mouse which-func
imenu timeclock spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw
mode-local cedet org-indent reveal mailalias bbdb-message mail-extr
ol-eww eww mm-url thingatpt url-queue ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnir ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m icomplete so-long cl-extra autorevert filenotify
bbdb-anniv tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell ls-lisp printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def
lpr web-server web-server-status-codes el/web midnight el/cron
backtrace help-mode qp el/wthr el/av el/hass el/fin el/remote
el/script type-break cal-iso org-id lunar solar cal-dst holidays
hol-loaddefs el/calc olc el/loc term disp-table ehelp dirtrack
hideshow dbus parsec gnutls gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg nndraft nnmh
gnus-icalendar org-capture gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig icalendar sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage sasl sasl-anonymous
sasl-login sasl-plain sendmail time ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element avl-tree generator org-agenda org-refile org-crypt org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func gnus-sum shr svg xml dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus pp vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode cus-edit cus-start cus-load nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mail-utils
wid-edit el/org el/doc el/mail oauth2 url-http url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-gw nsm rmc puny plstore epg
epg-config el/tools el/shell el/webdr el/xmpp el/diary timer-list
bbdb-mua el/timer el/util bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site
timezone el/bbdb appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs el/init wombat-theme info package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 431082 34150)
 (symbols 48 37600 22)
 (strings 32 143406 6634)
 (string-bytes 1 4765442)
 (vectors 16 62178)
 (vector-slots 8 735772 48862)
 (floats 8 1187 1245)
 (intervals 56 2500 618)
 (buffers 1000 78))