Subject: bug#49848: 27.2.50; map-merge plist return alist

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:48:41 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In the specific case of merging maps into a desired type, we can simply
>> be more careful in such ambiguous cases.  The attached patch does that,
>> while also avoiding the quadratic lookup behaviour for lists.
>
> Looks good and appropriate to me (I could not read very carefully,
> though, I'm tired today and can have a second look tomorrow).
>
> Should we handle the corner case when zero maps get merged?

That's already implied by the &rest args, and checked in
test-map-merge-empty.

>> I think the latter option may facilitate the equal-ity consistency
>> being discussed in https://bug.gnu.org/47368.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> Seems a good idea to me, too.

Thanks.  Unless someone beats me to it or there are further comments,
I'll push the patch to Emacs 28 next week, and probably bump the Version
header too.

-- 
Basil