Subject: 28.0.50; project-find-regexp results does not open target file

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 22:42:59 +0530

Steps to reproduce:
1. emacs -Q
2. C-x p p (project-switch-project)
3. select project
4. press g (Find Regexp) and search for a term then RET
5. In the results select any file

Result: No reference at point

Expectation: step-5 should open the file-at-point and point should be
placed at a suitable place in the opened file.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5 (Build 20G71))
 of 2021-08-03 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: 09c362025338ff1597593a90f4be5eeac589a7b4
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210723.1601/transient hides /Users/pankaj/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow flyspell emacsbug cl-print shr-color qp gnus-html sort smiley
gnus-cite flow-fill mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml hl-line
disp-table help-fns mailalias tempo ispell git-rebase ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
magit-bookmark bookmark ido benchmark pkg-info epl cus-edit cus-start
align cc-langs autoload radix-tree tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode
mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth yaml-mode goto-addr
bug-reference magit-extras face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff
git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils dash misearch
multi-isearch php-mode mode-local php-face php php-project cursor-sensor
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
.gnus find-dired grep diary-lib diary-loaddefs dired-aux markdown-mode
color ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m autorevert hideshow vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc eglot array filenotify jsonrpc
ert pp ewoc debug backtrace imenu haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support dabbrev haskell-customize
sh-script smie executable checkdoc lisp-mnt vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher flymake-proc flymake compile warnings thingatpt elec-pair
jka-compr company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company init my-init enet org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete ls-lisp ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec server edmacro kmacro modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes exec-path-from-shell yasnippet-snippets yasnippet delight
ebdb-message sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc
puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt
cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs timezone savehist desktop frameset avoid
paren cus-load finder-inf tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1980381 183384)
 (symbols 48 53328 10)
 (strings 32 332742 35011)
 (string-bytes 1 11081919)
 (vectors 16 118198)
 (vector-slots 8 2274105 156789)
 (floats 8 567 530)
 (intervals 56 170560 6549)
 (buffers 992 63))

-- 
Regards ~Pankaj