Subject: bug#49844: Highlight non-selected minibuffer prompt

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 13:00:20 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Ironically, minibuffer.el is intended for code that deals with
>> completions.  Its first line is
>> 
>>   ;;; minibuffer.el --- Minibuffer completion functions
>
> That's not carved in stone, though.  We could change that heading
> accordingly, and start adding stuff to minibuffer.el that doesn't
> necessarily deal with completion.

And there already is a lot of that in minibuffer.el -- just scroll to
the bottom of the file and page up a bit.  At least the last 100 lines
have nothing to do with completion.

So I think we should just change the heading and put more minibuffer
stuff in minibuffer.el.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no