Subject: c++ parantheses matching vs templates

From: Tudor Achim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:18:33 -0500

Hi all,
This bug can be reproduced as follows:

open up a c++ file (or set c++ mode)
type (i < 5),
delete the ),
type >,
delete the >,
type ),

and emacs should display Mismatched parentheses, and have incorrect
indentation for subsequent <TAB>s. This was reproduced on versions

GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.1) of
2008-09-05, modified by Ubuntu
GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54) of 2009-08-16
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (mac-apple-darwin, Carbon Version 1.6.0) of 2009-10-05

Presumably this involves telling the paren-matcher to reparse, rather
than look at its history which makes it think a template instantiation
is going on. If nobody else has time I can take a look at it this
weekend.

Thanks,
Tudor