Subject: [PATCH v3 00/20] Add minetest mods

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 17:07:14 +0200

Hi Guix,

This patch series adds a bunch of Minetest mods, but first,
it patches Minetest such that the mods will actually be found.
An importer for Minetest mods from ContentDB
(https://content.minetest.net) is included as well.

Leo Prikler wrote:
  It is probably an accident, that "-checkout" and "-minetest" have the
  same string length :P

Fixed.

Leo Prikler wrote:
  > +  (cond ((file-exists? "mod.conf")
  > +         (read-mod-name "mod.conf"))
  > +        ((file-exists? "modpack.conf")
  > +         (read-mod-name "modpack.conf" guess))
  > +        (#t (guess))))
  Why do we yield an error if there's no name in mod.conf instead of
  trying to read from modpack.conf or just guessing?

IIUC, mod.conf must always have 'name' set.  This requirement
does not exist for "modpack.conf".  I added some comments to the
code in the v3.  I also corrected ‘make the guess’ -> ‘make a guess’
in a comment in 'guess-mod-name'.

Maxime Devos (20):
  gnu: minetest: Respect --without-tests.
  gnu: minetest: Search for mods in MINETEST_MOD_PATH.
  gnu: minetest: New package module.
  build-system: Add 'minetest-mod-build-system'.
  import/utils: Recognise GPL-3.0-or-later and friends.
  guix: Add ContentDB importer.
  gnu: Add minetest-mesecons.
  gnu: Add minetest-basic-materials.
  gnu: Add minetest-unifieddyes.
  gnu: Add minetest-pipeworks.
  gnu: Add minetest-coloredwood.
  gnu: Add minetest-ethereal.
  gnu: Add minetest-technic.
  gnu: Add minetest-throwing.
  gnu: Add minetest-throwing-arrows.
  gnu: Add minetest-unified-inventory.
  gnu: Add minetest-worldedit.
  gnu: Add minetest-mobs.
  gnu: Add minetest-mobs-animal.
  gnu: Add minetest-homedecor-modpack.

 Makefile.am                                   |   5 +
 doc/guix.texi                                 |  40 ++
 gnu/local.mk                                  |   2 +
 gnu/packages/games.scm                        |  15 +-
 gnu/packages/minetest.scm                     | 440 +++++++++++++++++
 ...vironment-variable-MINETEST_MOD_PATH.patch | 156 ++++++
 guix/build-system/minetest.scm                |  99 ++++
 guix/build/minetest-build-system.scm          | 229 +++++++++
 guix/import/minetest.scm                      | 456 ++++++++++++++++++
 guix/import/utils.scm                         |  18 +
 guix/scripts/import.scm                       |   3 +-
 guix/scripts/import/minetest.scm              | 117 +++++
 po/guix/POTFILES.in                           |   1 +
 tests/minetest.scm                            | 355 ++++++++++++++
 14 files changed, 1930 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/minetest.scm
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/Add-environment-variable-MINETEST_MOD_PATH.patch
 create mode 100644 guix/build-system/minetest.scm
 create mode 100644 guix/build/minetest-build-system.scm
 create mode 100644 guix/import/minetest.scm
 create mode 100644 guix/scripts/import/minetest.scm
 create mode 100644 tests/minetest.scm

-- 
2.32.0