Subject: Re: bug#49823: [PATCH] gnu: Add jsonnet.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 14:58:40 +0200

Hi Vivien,

Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here is jsonnet. I don’t fully understand what it does, but thanks to
> leoprikler, I know it is a dependency to package GraalJS, an
> interpreter for JavaScript on the Java Virtual Machine.
>
> For the sake of having "no dependencies", it bundles a custom
> implementation of MD5. According to a comment in the associated
> license, it is taken from the implementation of bzflag, but it does not
> seem to use the same as of today.
>
> I decided to use nettle, and add a few lines of C++ to shape it into
> the required interface.

I think using Nettle is a wise decision; however, it’s a decision for
upstream to make IMO.  I’m not comfortable with shipping custom
md5.{cpp,h} and CMakeLists.txt; to me, we’d be taking a bit too much of
upstream’s burden and delivering something that’s quite different.

Apart from that, the last patch you sent LGTM.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.