Subject: bug#49822: master e32c7d2: Change Python eval to send directly instead of using temporary files

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 09:50:22 +0200

Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have also rearranged things a bit so that the setup code is sent to
> the inferior process just once, rather than of on every call to
> `python-shell-send-string'.  This way, the smaller line length limit
> doesn't increase too much the use of temp files, which, as I mentioned,
> is slow over ssh.

This leads to compilation warnings about
python-shell-eval-file-setup-code etc.

Can you adjust the patch to fix that, and also add the defconst for
1024, like Eli discussed?

> PS: I have some more suggestions around the Python shell.  Is the ideal
> workflow to keep creating bugs with a small patch to each improvement,
> or do you prefer to review a larger collection of changes bundled
> together?

Smaller patches are fine by me, and you can submit them with `M-x
submit-emacs-patch'.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no