Subject: bug#49811: Empty store items

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 20:11:41 +0000

> /gnu/store/5q75cw8lnw4kfg9nss5vwkx8pxakk96l-lilv-0.24.10/lib/liblilv-
0.so.
> 0: file too short

IIRC, someone send a bug report about "guix gc --verify=content/repair"
not interacting properly with content duplication.  More precisely,
stuff in /gnu/store/.links wasn't checked for corruption.  A solution
might be, when repairing, to replace the file in /gnu/store/.links
instead of hard linking to the file therein, and when verifying,
to verify /gnu/store/.links.  I can't find the bug report anymore
though.

As a work-around, you could try deleting /gnu/store/.links
(After remounting the store read-write. I don't know how to do that,
but it should be documented somewhere I think.)

Greetings,
Maxime
-- 
not hacking on guix for a while, only occassionally looking at IRC logs
and bug reports.  E-mails are unsigned until backup is located.