Subject: Re: bug#4980: 23.1.50; In File > Quit GUI, add "Cancel", write "Save", and simplify

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 22:27:28 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> This now pops the dialog when you click File->Quit immediately after
> entering "emacs -Q".  But there's no buffer that needs saving at that
> point.

Now fixed.

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Also, if you try this:
>
>   emacs -Q
>   C-x C-f /some/non-existent/file RET
>
> then insert some text and click File->Quit, then selecting "Close
> without saving" will still pop up an additional dialog asking whether
> to exit although modified buffers exist.  But "Close without saving"
> was supposed to have already answered that question.

I didn't change that logic -- you had to answer "no" twice before, and
you still have to.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no