Subject: Re: bug#4979: 23.1.50; describe-text-properties produces *Help* buffer without back/forward buttons

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:35:43 +0100

Am 24.11.2009 um 23:24 schrieb Stefan Monnier:

>> Shouldn't all functions which overwrite the previous contents of  
>> *Help*
>> buffer also insert that [back] button?
>
> Yes.  I've installed a change which should fix it for
> describe-text-properties and describe-char.  Please confirm that it
> solves your problems,
>

Yes, I can confirm that describe-text-properties now works as  
describe-function or describe-variable.

But – there seem to be other describe-<whatever> functions which do  
not work like these. Some of these functions produce a [back] key  
only when they are repeated (describe-character-set for example,  
describe-categories, describe-face, describe-fontset) and not when  
they overwrite the contents of the *Help* buffer. Some never seem to  
create this navigation element:

	describe-bindings-internal
	describe-buffer-case-table
	describe-coding-system
	describe-current-coding-system
	describe-current-display-table
	describe-font

The functions describe-minor-mode-from-indicator and describe-minor- 
mode do not show any possible completions...

--
Greetings

   Pete      <\
              _\     O  _
             |o \  _\\_/-\='
_____________(_)|-(_)  (_)___________________________________