Subject: bug#49784: 27.2; mouse-2 error with "No cross-reference here"

From: Robert Morelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 11:20:52 -0600

This might be related to bug 11174 reported 9 years ago.

To reproduce, bind:
(global-set-key (kbd "<mouse-2>")
(lambda (click)
(interactive "e")))

Then, click with mouse-2 in a *Help* buffer.

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
of 2021-03-27 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description: macOS 11.5.1

Recent messages:
Invalid face attribute :background nil [108 times]
Mark set
Invalid face attribute :background nil [2 times]
Saved text until "es on the tabs instead of buffer names.
"
Invalid face attribute :background nil [7 times]
Mark set
Invalid face attribute :background nil
Saving file /Users/robertmorelli/MyCloud/Info/Notes/EmacsNotes.tex...
Wrote /Users/robertmorelli/MyCloud/Info/Notes/EmacsNotes.tex

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LaTeX/MPS

Minor modes in effect:
reftex-mode: t
LaTeX-math-mode: t
TeX-PDF-mode: t
TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
auto-image-file-mode: t
cua-mode: t
smartparens-global-mode: t
smartparens-mode: t
ivy-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
yas-global-mode: t
yas-minor-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
centaur-tabs-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
global-hl-line-mode: t
cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
auto-fill-function: yas--auto-fill
visual-line-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr
vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc vc-dispatcher project iso-transl apropos smartparens-python python
tramp-sh cus-edit reftex-parse misearch multi-isearch dired
dired-loaddefs tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec cl-print
debug backtrace swiper eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
find-func help-fns radix-tree preview reporter desktop frameset
reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars flyspell ispell
tex-bar tex-buf derived toolbar-x noutline outline font-latex latex
latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings tex-ispell tex-style tex crm
texmathp tex-mode compile shell pcomplete comint ansi-color latexenc
bookmark text-property-search pp tabbar recentf tree-widget wid-edit
image-file cus-start cua-base server cus-load smartparens-latex
smartparens-config smartparens dash ivy delsel colir ivy-overlay ffap
thingatpt helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp async yasnippet paren
edmacro kmacro centaur-tabs centaur-tabs-interactive
centaur-tabs-functions centaur-tabs-elements powerline advice
powerline-separators ring powerline-themes color cl-extra help-mode
use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode hl-line rx finder-inf pcase
tex-site info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 635201 45589)
(symbols 48 27237 1)
(strings 32 96564 5767)
(string-bytes 1 2958245)
(vectors 16 48021)
(vector-slots 8 1365874 106042)
(floats 8 2274 1732)
(intervals 56 60570 5359)
(buffers 1000 88))