Subject: bug#49780: closed (Re: [PATCH v2] import: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 15:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49780: [PATCH 00/14] import: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49780: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49780
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] import: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 17:01:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * guix/scripts/import/go.scm (guix-import-go)[parse-options]: Use
> PARSE-COMMAND-LINE instead of ARGS-FOLD*.
> * guix/scripts/import/egg.scm (guix-import-egg)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/gem.scm (guix-import-gem)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/gnu.scm (guix-import-gnu)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/cpan.scm (guix-import-cpan)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/cran.scm (guix-import-cran)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/elpa.scm (guix-import-elpa)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/json.scm (guix-import-json)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/opam.scm (guix-import-opam)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/pypi.scm (guix-import-pypi)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/crate.scm (guix-import-crate)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/texlive.scm (guix-import-texlive)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/hackage.scm (guix-import-hackage)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.
> * guix/scripts/import/stackage.scm (guix-import-stackage)[parse-options]:
> Likewise.

Applied, thank you!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 00/14] import: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
From: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 20:51:04 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

I noticed that we have an ARGS-FOLD* wrapper called PARSE-COMMAND-LINE which has
the same invalid argument message as the importers, the same argument handler,
and has an option hint feature. So let's use that in the importers.

The change is identical across all importers, and the semantics as far as return
value are identical, so this should just be a drop-in.

--
Sarah Morgensen (14):
  import: go: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: egg: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: gem: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: gnu: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: cpan: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: cran: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: elpa: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: json: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: opam: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: pypi: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: crate: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: texlive: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: hackage: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: stackage: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.

 guix/scripts/import/cpan.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/cran.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/crate.scm    | 10 +++-------
 guix/scripts/import/egg.scm      |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/elpa.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/gem.scm      |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/gnu.scm      |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/go.scm       |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/hackage.scm  |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/json.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/opam.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/pypi.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/stackage.scm |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/texlive.scm  |  9 +++------
 14 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 85 deletions(-)

base-commit: daeef2e7f4f36df7a098c9aee7c03546d8691d39
-- 
2.31.1