Subject: [bug#49780] [PATCH 00/14] import: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.

From: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 20:51:04 -0700

Hello Guix,

I noticed that we have an ARGS-FOLD* wrapper called PARSE-COMMAND-LINE which has
the same invalid argument message as the importers, the same argument handler,
and has an option hint feature. So let's use that in the importers.

The change is identical across all importers, and the semantics as far as return
value are identical, so this should just be a drop-in.

--
Sarah Morgensen (14):
  import: go: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: egg: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: gem: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: gnu: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: cpan: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: cran: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: elpa: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: json: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: opam: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: pypi: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: crate: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: texlive: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: hackage: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.
  import: stackage: Use PARSE-COMMAND-LINE for options.

 guix/scripts/import/cpan.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/cran.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/crate.scm    | 10 +++-------
 guix/scripts/import/egg.scm      |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/elpa.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/gem.scm      |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/gnu.scm      |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/go.scm       |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/hackage.scm  |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/json.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/opam.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/pypi.scm     |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/stackage.scm |  9 +++------
 guix/scripts/import/texlive.scm  |  9 +++------
 14 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 85 deletions(-)

base-commit: daeef2e7f4f36df7a098c9aee7c03546d8691d39
-- 
2.31.1