Subject: Re: bug#49774: 27.1; if diff commands finds no differences then do not pop up a window

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 21:07:11 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > A general thing for popping up asynchronous buffers that users can
  > control?  Yeah, that could be nice.  We could have a user option that
  > says whether to pop up immediately, later but only on success, always,
  > run the command synchronously...

New options like this provide an unending opportunity for increased
featurism, and can make some operations more convenient for some users.
But they won't extend the actual jobs that Emacs can handle.

Those changes are the substantial improvements, so I ask people to
focus their efforts on changes of that kind.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)