Subject: bug#49773: 28.0.50; Autosave file warning is still displayed even if autosaves are disabled

From: Platon Pronko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 19:48:49 +0300

How to reproduce:

1. emacs -Q --eval "(progn (setq backup-inhibited t) (setq auto-save-default nil))"
2. Open some file over Tramp SSH, e.g. C-x C-f, /ssh:some-hostname:/etc/apt/sources.list
3. Observe warning: "Autosave file on local temporary directory, do you want to continue?"

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
  of 2021-07-21 built on the-big-maker
Repository revision: 903ecd7bea7d8f99a7dc84150728219283d79bf0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12012000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
  --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
  --enable-link-time-optimization --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d
  --without-compress-install
  '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
  'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
  -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
  -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -flto -fuse-linker-plugin'
  LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_TIME: en_SE.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   recentf-mode: t
   rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
   global-so-long-mode: t
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   counsel-mode: t
   ivy-mode: t
   smartparens-strict-mode: t
   smartparens-mode: t
   global-git-gutter-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   global-whitespace-mode: t
   global-dvorak-mode: t
   dvorak-minor-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/ivy-20210727.1907/elpa hides /home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/lispy-20210702.1206/elpa
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/protobuf-mode-20200619.1742/protobuf-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/protobuf-mode
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210723.1601/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/less-css-mode-20161001.453/less-css-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/textmodes/less-css-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail tramp-cmds cider-debug
cider-repl-history cider-scratch cider-mode cider-completion
cider-profile cider-inspector cider-eval cider-repl cider-test
cider-stacktrace cider-overlays cider-browse-ns cider-eldoc apropos
cider-find cider-resolve cider-doc cider-browse-spec cider-clojuredocs
cider-client cider-connection sesman-browser nrepl-client queue parseedn
parseclj-parser parseclj-lex a cider-popup cider-common cider-util
smartparens-clojure sesman clojure-mode align nrepl-dict cider-compat
tempo ispell csharp-compilation cc-langs lsp-icons git-rebase ediff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util vc-git ido tree-sitter-langs-build tree-sitter-hl tree-sitter
tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli tsc tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get tsc-obsolete
autoload lisp-mnt tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode mm-archive url-http
url-gw url-cache url-auth ibuf-ext mule-util ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
ivy-hydra autoconf autoconf-mode make-mode sh-script smie executable
rect conf-mode dired-aux solidity-mode solidity-common
smartparens-javascript js smartparens-c cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
tramp-cache recentf magit-bookmark bookmark pp misearch multi-isearch
haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions
haskell-load haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules
haskell-sandbox haskell-navigate-imports haskell-repl haskell-svg
haskell-collapse hideshow haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-compile haskell-hoogle haskell-process
haskell-session smartparens-haskell haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support haskell-customize dabbrev bs
ace-window pulse flymake-proc flymake warnings lsp-diagnostics
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb lsp-modeline lsp-zig lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-yaml
lsp-xml lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala
lsp-v lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf
lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-php lsp-perl
lsp-ocaml lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin lsp-json
lsp-javascript lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-go lsp-completion
lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-elixir
lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls
lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash
lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript smartparens-python python tramp-sh
sql view ffap vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference magit-extras face-remap
rainbow-delimiters org-element avl-tree ol-w3m ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info org-habit org-agenda org-refile ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ol-eww eww url-queue shr kinsoku svg xml
dom mm-url gnus nnheader ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb so-long lsp lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget
wid-edit spinner network-stream nsm smartparens-markdown markdown-mode
inline ht f s ewoc company org-archive magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode transient
magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm lispy lispy-inline avy etags
fileloop generator edebug backtrace help-fns radix-tree lispy-tags
mode-local counsel xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs swiper ivy
delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color smartparens-config
smartparens-rust smartparens-org smartparens-text smartparens dash
cl-extra git-gutter-fringe fringe-helper git-gutter hydra lv tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp lpr rust-utils thingatpt rust-mode rx
rust-rustfmt rust-playpen rust-compile compile text-property-search
rust-cargo autorevert filenotify disp-table whitespace quail help-mode
edmacro kmacro org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol
org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs darcula-theme pcase finder-inf info
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1718909 938876)
   (symbols 48 64599 70)
   (strings 32 319586 136331)
   (string-bytes 1 10379878)
   (vectors 16 134212)
   (vector-slots 8 2250404 1091335)
   (floats 8 554 2588)
   (intervals 56 160697 41423)
   (buffers 992 62))