Subject: bug#49773: closed (Re: bug#49773: 28.0.50; Autosave file warning is still displayed even if autosaves are disabled)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 15:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49773: 28.0.50; Autosave file warning is still displayed even if autosaves are disabled

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49773: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49773
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49773: 28.0.50; Autosave file warning is still displayed even if autosaves are disabled
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Platon Pronko <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:28:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

Platon Pronko <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!

Hi Platon,

> Yes, the problem is gone when building from the latest master. Thank you!

Thanks for confirmation, closing the bug.

> Best regards,
> Platon Pronko

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; Autosave file warning is still displayed even if autosaves are disabled
From: Platon Pronko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 19:48:49 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

How to reproduce:

1. emacs -Q --eval "(progn (setq backup-inhibited t) (setq auto-save-default nil))"
2. Open some file over Tramp SSH, e.g. C-x C-f, /ssh:some-hostname:/etc/apt/sources.list
3. Observe warning: "Autosave file on local temporary directory, do you want to continue?"

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
  of 2021-07-21 built on the-big-maker
Repository revision: 903ecd7bea7d8f99a7dc84150728219283d79bf0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12012000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
  --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
  --enable-link-time-optimization --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d
  --without-compress-install
  '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
  'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
  -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
  -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -flto -fuse-linker-plugin'
  LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_TIME: en_SE.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   recentf-mode: t
   rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
   global-so-long-mode: t
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   counsel-mode: t
   ivy-mode: t
   smartparens-strict-mode: t
   smartparens-mode: t
   global-git-gutter-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   global-whitespace-mode: t
   global-dvorak-mode: t
   dvorak-minor-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/ivy-20210727.1907/elpa hides /home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/lispy-20210702.1206/elpa
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/protobuf-mode-20200619.1742/protobuf-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/protobuf-mode
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210723.1601/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/platon/.emacs.d/elpa/less-css-mode-20161001.453/less-css-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/textmodes/less-css-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail tramp-cmds cider-debug
cider-repl-history cider-scratch cider-mode cider-completion
cider-profile cider-inspector cider-eval cider-repl cider-test
cider-stacktrace cider-overlays cider-browse-ns cider-eldoc apropos
cider-find cider-resolve cider-doc cider-browse-spec cider-clojuredocs
cider-client cider-connection sesman-browser nrepl-client queue parseedn
parseclj-parser parseclj-lex a cider-popup cider-common cider-util
smartparens-clojure sesman clojure-mode align nrepl-dict cider-compat
tempo ispell csharp-compilation cc-langs lsp-icons git-rebase ediff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util vc-git ido tree-sitter-langs-build tree-sitter-hl tree-sitter
tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli tsc tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get tsc-obsolete
autoload lisp-mnt tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode mm-archive url-http
url-gw url-cache url-auth ibuf-ext mule-util ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
ivy-hydra autoconf autoconf-mode make-mode sh-script smie executable
rect conf-mode dired-aux solidity-mode solidity-common
smartparens-javascript js smartparens-c cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
tramp-cache recentf magit-bookmark bookmark pp misearch multi-isearch
haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions
haskell-load haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules
haskell-sandbox haskell-navigate-imports haskell-repl haskell-svg
haskell-collapse hideshow haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-compile haskell-hoogle haskell-process
haskell-session smartparens-haskell haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support haskell-customize dabbrev bs
ace-window pulse flymake-proc flymake warnings lsp-diagnostics
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb lsp-modeline lsp-zig lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-yaml
lsp-xml lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala
lsp-v lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf
lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-php lsp-perl
lsp-ocaml lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin lsp-json
lsp-javascript lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-go lsp-completion
lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-elixir
lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls
lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash
lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript smartparens-python python tramp-sh
sql view ffap vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference magit-extras face-remap
rainbow-delimiters org-element avl-tree ol-w3m ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info org-habit org-agenda org-refile ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ol-eww eww url-queue shr kinsoku svg xml
dom mm-url gnus nnheader ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb so-long lsp lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget
wid-edit spinner network-stream nsm smartparens-markdown markdown-mode
inline ht f s ewoc company org-archive magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode transient
magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm lispy lispy-inline avy etags
fileloop generator edebug backtrace help-fns radix-tree lispy-tags
mode-local counsel xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs swiper ivy
delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color smartparens-config
smartparens-rust smartparens-org smartparens-text smartparens dash
cl-extra git-gutter-fringe fringe-helper git-gutter hydra lv tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp lpr rust-utils thingatpt rust-mode rx
rust-rustfmt rust-playpen rust-compile compile text-property-search
rust-cargo autorevert filenotify disp-table whitespace quail help-mode
edmacro kmacro org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol
org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs darcula-theme pcase finder-inf info
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1718909 938876)
   (symbols 48 64599 70)
   (strings 32 319586 136331)
   (string-bytes 1 10379878)
   (vectors 16 134212)
   (vector-slots 8 2250404 1091335)
   (floats 8 554 2588)
   (intervals 56 160697 41423)
   (buffers 992 62))