Subject: Re: bug#49761: file-cache-minibuffer-complete has become unusable for duplicate file names in MacOSX 27.x emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:29:06 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 21:31:52 +0300
> 
> >> Do you see the same problems when running emacs with -Q
> >> without customization?
> >
> > What about the second part of the report, with cursor positioning
> > after typing an incomplete file name followed by C-TAB: do you see
> > that problem in your testing?
> 
> No problem with cursor positioning.

Strange, that's not what I see.  If I type "C-x C-f", type a few
characters that should match several file names, then press C-TAB, the
cursor is placed on the first character I typed, making more typing
cumbersome, because I need first type C-e or somesuch to get to the
end of what I typed.  Isn't that what you see?