Subject: Re: bug#49746: 28.0.50; bytecompilation introduces bug in org-capture with certain template

From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:10:49 -0400

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> forcemerge 49746 49739
> done
>
>>This is the same issue as that described in 
>>https://bugs.gnu.org/49739, right?
>
> Yes, thank you, let's close that one as well.

Gregor and I were on the same path!
I git bisected to the commit mentioned in #49746 this morning and 
was in the process of diffing the disassembled byte-code with a 
known good commit.
Looks like the issue was the strings were being compared via a 
jump-table-eq instead of a jump-table-equal bytecode instruction.
Built off of 949dd41c31dab69f7a5067bba324c28bb2cfbf8e and tested. 
Working fine now.

Thanks to all.