Subject: Re: bug#49731: 28.0.50; Filter xref results by filename

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 05:02:47 +0300

On 28.07.2021 19:12, Juri Linkov wrote:

> Thanks for mentioning xref-find-references and xref-find-apropos.
> I tried them out, but they are broken:
> 
> 1. while xref-find-references works fine in `emacs -Q`,
> I don't know why with my customization typing e.g.
> 'M-? isearch-lazy-highlight RET' reports
> "No references found for: isearch-lazy-highlight".

Try and see which of the "tools" semantic-symref-perform-search ends up 
using.

If you have an index generated by Global, idutils or CScope, it could be 
missing this symbol and have the search fail because of that.

Otherwise the search falls back to Grep, see 
lisp/cedet/semantic/symref/grep.el. You can edebug it there.

> 2. xref-find-apropos doesn't offer the identifier at point as its
> default, and after using it e.g. from the buffer isearch.el with
> 'C-M-. isearch-lazy-highlight RET' all its lines are concatenated
> on the same line in `emacs -Q`:

Thanks for the report, should be fixed now.