Subject: Re: bug#49719: 27.2; make-manuals fails

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 21:18:35 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:21:17 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I will wait for a day or two for someone to volunteer; failing that I
> > will remove most or all of the "fixes" from the script, so that it
> > works with the latest Texinfo, and so I could again refresh our
> > on-line documentation when needed.
> 
> Removing the "fixes" is fine by me.

I eventually went with the minimal change: the function that fails due
to changes in how Texinfo 6.8 produces HTML was modified to skip the
problematic step of rewriting the TOC menu as a table (something that
wasn't possible to keep, because some of the information used for the
table is no longer there in the new HTML).  The rest of the "fixes" I
kept.

With that, I'm closing this bug.