Subject: [bug#49672] [PATCH 0/9] Target check fixes and cleanups

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 11:23:37 +0000

Hi,

I looked over the patch series, and almost all seems reasonable to me.
though I would split patch 7/9 into a patch defining
current-target-gnu-triplet and into a patch using current-target-gnu-
triplet,
and possibly a rebase might be neccesary.

Warning: I only looked at the patches, I didn't apply them for testing.

I don't think the following change is necessary though:

-           ,@(if (string-match "^x86_64-linux"
-                               (or (%current-target-system)
-                                   (%current-system)))
+           ,@(if (string-match "^x86_64-linux" (current-target-nix-
system))

because the regex ^x86_64-linux would match both the nix system and GNU
triplet
IIUC.

Greetings,
Maxime.