Subject: [bug#49668] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: emacs-org-roam: Update to 2.0.0.

From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 17:01:59 +0100

Hi Vinicius,

Vinicius Monego writes:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Em ter, 2021-07-20 às 20:53 +0100, Pierre Langlois escreveu:
>> Given the v1 -> v2 migration requires a manual process, it might be a
>> good idea to keep a v1 package for users that may want to stay on it
>> for
>> a little bit longer, what do you think? The author has kept a
>> https://github.com/org-roam/org-roam-v1 repository for this effect.
>
> The description of that repository says "No longer actively maintained.
> " and the README recommends the migration. That is my main concern,
> introducing a package that we know for a fact that is unmaintained and
> don't have a schedule for removal. It feels more like a use case for a
> custom channel.

That's a fair point, we might forget to ever remove the old v1 package
:-). I don't have a strong opinion given I was able to migrate myself
without any trouble, there was many posts in the community about the
migration that made me feel we might want to be cautious.

But thinking about it more now, emacs makes it easy to install packages
manually, so if one really needs to stay on v1 for a bit, they can
always do it outside of Guix.

So you can consider my mind changed on this matter :-).

Thanks,
Pierre