Subject: [bug#49668] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: emacs-org-roam: Update to 2.0.0.

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 14:58:04 +0000

Hi Pierre,

Em ter, 2021-07-20 às 20:53 +0100, Pierre Langlois escreveu:
> Given the v1 -> v2 migration requires a manual process, it might be a
> good idea to keep a v1 package for users that may want to stay on it
> for
> a little bit longer, what do you think? The author has kept a
> https://github.com/org-roam/org-roam-v1 repository for this effect.

The description of that repository says "No longer actively maintained.
" and the README recommends the migration. That is my main concern,
introducing a package that we know for a fact that is unmaintained and
don't have a schedule for removal. It feels more like a use case for a
custom channel.

Another option is to hold this update until 2.0.1 after v2 is more
widely used, though Guix users who wish to migrate now would have to
update manually in that case.

I will wait for more feedback on this.

Vinicius