Subject: Re: bug#49665: 28.0.50; Failing autorevert tests on Cygwin

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 19:47:53 +0200

Version: 28.1

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Ken,

>>> We have the tag :unstable for such tests. You might tag all tests you're
>>> not interested in. Something like this after the docstring:
>>>       :tags (when (eq system-type 'cygwin) '(:unstable))
>>> Perhaps also a comment.
>>
>> Good idea.  I'll do this after you've had a chance to look at it.
>
> Will do. Next days are busy, so I cannot promise to be fast.

Finally, I've decided to compile Emacs myself on Cygwin, this allows me
to go forth and back between git revisions.

I could reproduce the problem, but I have no clear view yet what to do
with timings. So I've pushed a change to master which declares all tests
as :unstable on Cygwin, as discussed.

I'm closing this bug, but (as time permits) I'll try to do better. No
promise, and there's not too much spare time, but I hate it if code
written by me doesn't work.

>> Ken

Best regards, Michael.