Subject: [bug#49649] [PATCH v2 0/4] Load wireless regulatory database in kernel

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 19:44:18 +0100

Hello Tobias, Ludo’,

Following Tobias corrections, I've extended the previous patch to correctly
enable loading of the wireless regulatory database ('regulatory.db') used by
the kernel subsystem cfg80211, for linux >4.14.  As suggested by Ludo, we now
build 'regulatory.db' ourselve to make sure it's reproducible and reuse
upstream signature.  That way the linux kernel correctly load the wireless
regulatory database at boot which allows us to use a regulatory domain
different than the "00" default by using a kernel argument such as
“cfg80211.ieee80211_regdom=FR“.

This patch doesn't change anything for kernels older than 4.15 for which the
use of CRDA is needed to load the regulatory database through the
'regulatory.bin' file.  IOW the database used by CRDA, is still unsigned and
CRDA doesn't check signatures for it.

Fixes <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49611.

Cheers,
- Brice

Brice Waegeneire (4):
  gnu: Add regulatory.db in %base-firmware.
  gnu: wireless-regdb: Reuse 'regulatory.db' signature.
  gnu: wireless-regdb: Update to 2021.08.28.
  gnu: crda: Describe it as obsolete.

 gnu/packages/linux.scm | 81 ++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 gnu/system.scm         |  3 +-
 2 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)

base-commit: 1dfe8c372163d481ebebb97dd3b4cafa49906b28
prerequisite-patch-id: b07befb3646df543510b7fecf567286f53d4eaec
-- 
2.34.0