Subject: bug#49631: 28.0.50; dired-hide-details-mode Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 24.4

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:08:29 -0400

C-h f dired-hide-details-mode says

  Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 24.4.

Why doesn't it _know_ precisely which versiob that function was
introduced in?  It was only a few versions ago, so this was not
something lost in prehistory.  What causes the uncertainty?

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2021-05-12 built on freetop
Repository revision: 47070ed39eda524d334e5f82dc7f4a50b8d3252c
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Etiona (9.0)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls=ifavailable 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug cl-print dired-x rect unrmail time-stamp smerge-mode
diff vc vc-dispatcher texinfo texinfo-loaddefs eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe find-func shortdoc help-fns radix-tree novice
two-column kmacro etags fileloop generator xref project ispell
compare-w diff-mode easy-mmode cl-extra parse-time iso8601 vc-cvs
mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww xdg url-queue mm-url gnus nnheader
wid-edit color js imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode facemenu
mule-util format-spec battery dbus misearch multi-isearch epa-mail
dabbrev rmailkwd rmailout quail help-mode jka-compr shell pcomplete
thingatpt files-x grep compile comint ansi-color ring rmailsum
mailalias shr kinsoku svg xml dom sendmail qp rmailmm message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view derived paren cus-load advice
finder-inf package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 640240 128758)
 (symbols 48 18299 8)
 (strings 32 81921 18767)
 (string-bytes 1 4331746)
 (vectors 16 47013)
 (vector-slots 8 1315534 161084)
 (floats 8 241 358)
 (intervals 56 91315 5202)
 (buffers 992 95))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

bcc: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)