Subject: bug#49628: Compiling error after a successfully ./configure

From: "Roberto A. Foglietta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 22:10:05 +0200

Hi all,

 I am trying to compile parted 3.4 with the following configuration:

./configure --without-readline --disable-debug --disable-nls
--disable-shared --enable-discover-only --disable-device-mapper

 however, make gives me a compile error. Instead with this, everything is
fine

./configure --without-readline --disable-debug --disable-nls
--disable-shared --disable-device-mapper

 The difference is in

  -enable-discover-only

 and digging into the error

gpt.c: In function 'gpt_read':
gpt.c:1075:35: error: 'write_back' undeclared (first use in this function)
 1075 |   if (!_parse_header (disk, gpt, &write_back))
      |                                   ^~~~~~~~~~
gpt.c:1075:35: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
each function it appears in

 I found that variable is not defined when DISCOVER_ONLY is enabled

 Cheers,
-- 
Roberto A. Foglietta
+39.349.33.30.697