Subject: [bug#49601] [PATCH] services: transmission: Create downloads directory.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 07:52:21 -0400

[email-masked] writes:
> This fixes a bug where transmission doesn't have permission to create
> it's download directory. This bug occurs when download-dir is
> configured to a location where the transmission user doesn't have
> permission to create a directory.

Morgan,

I recall originally having the service activation create the downloads
directory, as your change makes it do, but then removing this as there
was some common case where it made service activation fail.
Unfortunately, I've forgotten what that was.

Let me see if I can duplicate that and if so, perhaps we can find a
solution that will handle both cases. At any rate:

> +                              (,download-dir #o755))

The folder permissions should be #o750, not #o755. The reasoning here is
that it ought to be possible to place limits on who can see and access
files being shared by other users.

-- 
Simon South
[email-masked]