Subject: bug#49599: closed (Re: bug#49599: REPORT error BAD CONS CELL)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 17:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49599: REPORT error BAD CONS CELL

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49599: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49599
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49599: REPORT error BAD CONS CELL
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 20:31:52 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 11:00:56 -0600
> From: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> 
> I apologise for the bug report, there is no bug.  However,
> interesting issues have been raised, which I hope I have explained
> well enough to give cause for thought.

OK, thanks for telling us.  I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: REPORT error BAD CONS CELL
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 17:15:33 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello people,

Apparently the global-map has a couple of bad cons cells in it.  I got the
following message when I was processing the map.  After that are a few
entries
from the map itself.

REPORT error BAD CONS CELL (menu-item tab bar ignore :filter
tab-bar-make-keymap)
(please work out how you did it if you can) press any key to continue.

..
(mouse-4 . mwheel-scroll)
(XF86WakeUp . ignore)
(tool-bar menu-item tool bar ignore :filter tool-bar-make-keymap)
(tab-bar menu-item tab bar ignore :filter tab-bar-make-keymap)
(C-f10 . buffer-menu-open)
(f10 . menu-bar-open)
..

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2021-07-12 built on Erota
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description: Linux Mint 18.3

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Fill column set to 82 (was 100)
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Saving file /home/dajo/tmp/TRASH-collect...
Wrote /home/dajo/tmp/TRASH-collect
executing  lambda function  ... [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Mark set

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY GNUTLS
FREETYPE HARFBUZZ XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES
THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail kmacro bug-reference dabbrev
help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace warnings mhtml-mode
css-mode eww mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums time-date mail-utils wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr
thingatpt url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history mailcap shr text-property-search url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars puny svg xml browse-url
format-spec color js json subr-x map sgml-mode dom cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
pcmpl-unix imenu man nroff-mode sh-script smie executable cl-extra
help-mode seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired-aux
cl-loaddefs cl-lib misearch multi-isearch mule-util
effective-impressive-communications Favourites fileset-Web-local
fileset-Emacs25 fileset-Nepenthes fileset-Vtrack fileset-NDM
Local-filesets MinorTools time paren Load-Nepenthes Load-Environ
MoreTools fileset-NavigationShellExtensionsCompilable
fileset-NavigationShellKernelCompilable ConfigViews MaintenanceHelp
FileProcessing ExtendedHelp DocumentMap Spawn ManInfo Logging
GenericTools Fileset tex-mode shell pcomplete makeinfo texinfo compile
comint ansi-color ring Common Maintenance SearchAndMod Path-Environ
Load-NavigationShell FixupKeymaps Texinfo NewFile find-func HelpAtPoint
Customize ToolsHelp noutline outline easy-mmode Tools ModeChange
ModeChangeHelp NavShellHelp KeyDisplayEdit KeyDisplayHelp EmacsHelp
dired dired-loaddefs NavigationShell PopEdit KeyDisplay Path-NavShell
info easymenu Basis tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 464155 220690)
 (symbols 48 19571 1)
 (strings 32 68133 20124)
 (string-bytes 1 3239681)
 (vectors 16 26029)
 (vector-slots 8 392092 182960)
 (floats 8 335 868)
 (intervals 56 35111 1852)
 (buffers 1000 123)
 (heap 1024 309277 190816))

-- 
David Outteridge
303 794 9278