Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add bolt

From: David Conner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 11:19:01 -0500

I am ready to test this. I finally reconfigured my system last night, but I
have some questions about patching guix and testing.

The guix I would reconfigure in order to test this would be ‘master’ with
the patch applied. I think I should be alright applying the patch (I am
noob). If it doesn’t apply right, I can figure it out, but then I’ll need
to update the patch right?

Is git capable of doing this?

Or should I use a tool like ediff/patchwork?

I have the guix checked out with Google repo via
https://github.com/ectorepo/guix. This pulls down the latest copy of
everything on savannah under the guix project.

2022年1月22日(土) 午前1:55 David Conner <[email-masked]>:

> I have a late 2013 Macbook Pro with two Thunderbolt 2 ports.
>
> They work if the TB device is inserted on boot, but after you disconnect a
> device, it no longer functions when you reconnect it. It show that the
> kernel recognizes the device in `dmesg` and  that the PCIe port is
> registered in `lspci -k` But the device is not found in `nmcli dev status`.
> The device I'm testing is an Apple Ethernet adapter.
>
> I am still in the learning phase where I'm trying to reconfigure my
> machine, but I have the guix repo cloned and I'm planning on contributing
> patches to packages on other channels. I will hopefully be in the position
> where I can test this soon.
>