Subject: bug#49574: 28.0.50; [ELPA] [PATCH] Remove deprecated modus-{operandi,vivendi}-themes

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 17:39:52 +0300

Hello everyone,

Following the release of version 1.5.0 of the modus-themes (bug#49572),
I believe this is the right time to remove the long-discontinued
packages 'modus-operandi-theme' and 'modus-vivendi-theme'.

The technicalities were discussed in bug#46964, with the gist being that
we would provide users a few months to migrate to the new 'modus-themes'
package.  We had also introduced code in the old packages that would
pull in the new package, so we can assume that the old packages are no
longer required.

The change I would like to install is attached.

Thank you!
Protesilaos

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com
>From b438674100fab7fa7f7424cd6f185e002597c0cb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 17:31:33 +0300
Subject: [PATCH] Remove deprecated modus-{operandi,vivendi}-themes

Subject to bug#49572, which updates the modus-themes in emacs.git to
version 1.5.0, it now is the right time to delete the long-deprecated
standalone packages of modus-operandi and modus-vivendi.
---
 elpa-packages | 7 -------
 1 file changed, 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/elpa-packages b/elpa-packages
index e7c527f6a1..af7f075913 100644
--- a/elpa-packages
+++ b/elpa-packages
@@ -233,19 +233,12 @@
  ("mmm-mode"
   :url "https://github.com/purcell/mmm-mode.git"
   :auto-sync t)
- ;; `modus-operandi-theme' and `modus-vivendi-theme' are deprecated and
- ;; will have to be deleted by the summer of 2021, as discussed in Emacs
- ;; bug#46964: <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46964>.
- ("modus-operandi-theme":url "https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/modus-themes"
-  :branch "elpa/modus-operandi-theme")
  ("modus-themes"	:core ("etc/themes/modus-themes.el"
                                "etc/themes/modus-operandi-theme.el"
                                "etc/themes/modus-vivendi-theme.el"
                                "doc/misc/modus-themes.org"
                                "doc/misc/doclicense.texi")
   :doc "modus-themes.org")
- ("modus-vivendi-theme"	:url "https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/modus-themes"
-  :branch "elpa/modus-vivendi-theme")
  ("multishell"		:url "https://github.com/kenmanheimer/EmacsMultishell")
  ("muse"		:url "https://github.com/alexott/muse") ;FIXME: Not nearly in-sync
  ("myers"		:url nil)
-- 
2.32.0