Subject: Re: bug#49558: fill paragraph in texinfo-mode fails with @

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 23:58:39 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> texinfo-mode relies on the paragraph definition being...
>> eccentric... to avoid filling lines that start with "@word ".
>
> Yes, that is true.
>
>> I think the paragraph definition should be more traditional, and
>> `fill-paragraph-function' should be adjusted to do the right thing on
>> the @directives that we don't want to have filled.
>
> Could be.

I've now done this, and tested with all of the examples in this file
(and also in a couple of real-life texinfo files), and this approach
seems to work (and solves the original reported problem).  (I also made
'C-x n d' narrow to the current node, because that's something I've
missed for years, but it's unrelated.)

Let me know if I broke anything.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no