Subject: bug#49558: fill paragraph in texinfo-mode fails with @

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:07:25 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:53:42 +0200
> 
> texinfo-mode relies on the paragraph definition being...
> eccentric... to avoid filling lines that start with "@word ".

Yes, that is true.

> I think the paragraph definition should be more traditional, and
> `fill-paragraph-function' should be adjusted to do the right thing on
> the @directives that we don't want to have filled.

Could be.

But even if we do so, I'm not sure that

  @cindex relative remapping, faces
  @cindex base remapping, faces
    The following functions implement a higher-level interface to
  @code{face-remapping-alist}.  Most Lisp code should use these
  functions instead of setting @code{face-remapping-alist} directly, to
  avoid trampling on remappings applied elsewhere.  These functions are
  intended for buffer-local remappings, so they all make
  @code{face-remapping-alist} buffer-local as a side-effect.  They manage
  @code{face-remapping-alist} entries of the form

should be a single paragraph, and likewise this:

  @defun face-remap-add-relative face &rest specs
  This function adds the face spec in @var{specs} as relative
  remappings for face @var{face} in the current buffer.  The remaining
  arguments, @var{specs}, should form either a list of face names, or a
  property list of attribute/value pairs.