Subject: bug#49553: ARM installation

From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:27:00 -0400

Hi bug-guix,

I tried running:

guix system image --system=armhf-linux -e '((@ (gnu system install) os-with-u-boot) (@ (gnu system install) installation-os) "aoeuthant")'

And got two unexpected behaviors.

First of all, I get the error:

|builder for 
`/gnu/store/05njkp7140yzkik9c3r3imfj0jdj68k1-dhcp-4.4.2-P1.tar.xz.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of 
/gnu/store/05njkp7140yzkik9c3r3imfj0jdj68k1-dhcp-4.4.2-P1.tar.xz.drv failed
View build log at 
'/var/log/guix/drvs/05/njkp7140yzkik9c3r3imfj0jdj68k1-dhcp-4.4.2-P1.tar.xz.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation 
`/gnu/store/4nswzq8wdnj77z16v3gmjb2b31pphh7f-isc-dhcp-4.4.2-P1.drv': 1 
dependencies couldn't be built
guix system: error: build of 
`/gnu/store/4nswzq8wdnj77z16v3gmjb2b31pphh7f-isc-dhcp-4.4.2-P1.drv' failed

(log attached here)

According to 
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-the-Installation-Image.html, 
specifying an invalid board (notice "aoeuthant" at the end of the 
command I tried) should print a list of possible boards.  A list of 
possible boards was NOT printed, though it is possible this was caused 
by the first error, though I would expect a list of boards before it 
tries to make the image.

-Zacchaeus