Subject: Re: [bug#49517] [PATCH] gnu: txr: Build documentation and update to 265.

From: "Paul A. Patience" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 21:28:58 +0000

On Sunday, July 18th, 2021 at 16:27, Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Either Ubuntu has a different upstream for these tools, or else they
> have some patches (which would be worth stealing instead of repeating
> the work).
>
> Moreover, if Ubuntu has patches for this, it might be getting them from
> Debian.

I know Debian is making great efforts to obtain reproducible builds [1],
and in fact if you look at the first message of the bug report I
previously linked [2], they mention that they have been using some
custom patches to get Ghostscript to produce reproducible output
(on Debian).
In fact, we can find some information about Debian's Ghostscript patch
here [3], though unfortunately the link to the patch is dead.

(There is also more information about reproducible builds here [4].)

Best regards,
Paul

[1]: https://isdebianreproducibleyet.com/
[2]: https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=696765
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/PdfGeneratedByGhostscript
[4]: https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/Howto