Subject: bug#49516: [core-updates] glibc-2.31 patches fail to apply

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 22:08:40 +0200

Hi!

Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As an aside, when do we remove old versions of glibc?

Good question.  I’d say it’s enough to keep 3 versions in total.
Currently the main (only?) use case for these is when computing locale
data via the ‘locale-libcs’ field of operating system definitions.

Thoughts?

> From ef169adea6f9ca971e22845b839511b015cbc76c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 16:49:49 -0700
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: glibc-2.31: Restore patches.
>
> Commit 87961fc965b96ac0c7a5909ac2faab2d023b5339 inadvertently modified the
> patch set for glibc-2.31.  This change restores the original patch set.
>
> Fixes: <https://bugs.gnu.org/49516>.
>
> * gnu/packages/base.scm (glibc-2.31) [source]: Use the same patches as glibc,
> but replace glibc-hurd-clock_gettime_monotonic.patch with
> glibc-2.31-hurd-clock_gettime_monotonic.patch, and add
> glibc-hurd-signal-sa-siginfo.patch.
> * gnu/packages/patches/glibc-2.31-hurd-clock_gettime_monotonic.patch: Add it.
> * gnu/packages/patches/glibc-hurd-signal-sa-siginfo.patch: Add it.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Adjust accordingly.

LGTM, thanks!

Ludo’.