Subject: Re: bug#51749: 29.0.50; Emacs 29 Creates Only Emacsclient Icon in Ubuntu Dock

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:50:02 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Peter Oliver <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Ideally there would be a "semi-daemon"
>>> mode, which is in between the daemon mode and the normal mode: The
>>> first invocation launches a daemon, further invocations (e.g., using
>>> emacsclient, or dbus) would just create new frames BUT if you close the
>>> last frame, no daemon will stay around. This would exactly match the
>>> behavior of other desktop applications.
>>
>> We have this behaviour in Emacs 29.  To get it, a user has to opt-in
>> by calling function server-stop-automatically.
>
> I've only lightly skimmed this bug report -- does this mean that this
> bug report can be closed?

More information was requested, but none was given within ~10 months, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.