Subject: Re: bug#49494: [PATCH 0/7] Add nncp

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 22:40:04 +0530

Hi Sarah,

> Your patch applies on master (fba107e), builds, and passes tests for me;
> I'm on x86-64. What's your platform?

I'm on x86_64 too. I tried on master eb46c6c5c8. I have attached the
complete build log. The tests seem to have timed out after 10
minutes. Could it be something to do with memory usage? I have 4 GB of
RAM.

>> I've removed the version number from DOCDIR since that's what most
>> packages are doing. Even the configure phase of the gnu-build-system
>> does not put the version number in docdir. Only the
>> install-license-files of the gnu-build-system puts the version number
>> in, and that's probably a bug.
>
> Hmm, something to investigate.

Yes, a patch would be welcome. :-)

>>> Does CFGPATH need to be set?
>>
>> I have now set CFGPATH TO /etc/nncp.hjson.
>
> When I run any of the executables, I get:
>
> main.go:73: Error during initialization: stat /usr/local/etc/nncp.hjson:
> no such file or directory

I couldn't reproduce this error message. Which command are you running?
But, I do see that the output of say `nncp-xfer` lists
/usr/local/etc/nncp.hjson as the default configuration path. I will
investigate.

Thanks!
Arun