Subject: [bug#49494] [PATCH 0/7] Add nncp

From: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 22:54:12 -0700

Hi,

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Sarah,
>
> I have pushed patches 1-6 to master after implementing your suggestion
> for patch 6 (klauspost-compress). I'm sending a WIP v2 of patch 7 (nncp)
> in a following email. The tests are failing despite implementing your
> suggestion. Any help in that regard would be much appreciated.

Your patch applies on master (fba107e), builds, and passes tests for me;
I'm on x86-64. What's your platform?

[...]

> I've removed the version number from DOCDIR since that's what most
> packages are doing. Even the configure phase of the gnu-build-system
> does not put the version number in docdir. Only the
> install-license-files of the gnu-build-system puts the version number
> in, and that's probably a bug.

Hmm, something to investigate.

>
>> Does CFGPATH need to be set?
>
> I have now set CFGPATH TO /etc/nncp.hjson.

When I run any of the executables, I get:

main.go:73: Error during initialization: stat /usr/local/etc/nncp.hjson:
no such file or directory

[...]

>> I also notice that nncp can use `sendmail`; should `sendmail` be an
>> input as well?
>
> I think sendmail need not be an input. There are many sendmail
> compatible implementations and we can leave it up to the user to install
> one in their profile and configure nncp accordingly.

Makes sense.

> Thanks,
> Arun

Glad to be of help :)

--
Sarah