Subject: bug#49460: links not clickable in some qt programs (nheko, quaternion)

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 18:10:24 +0200

Tobias,

first of all I have to add that on my laptop, with the very same
channels and manifests configuration, I'm not experiencing this issue.

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> writes:

> Gio',
>
> On 2021-07-23 12:30, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
>> I don't have the referenced store item:
>> /gnu/store/bi4m86lripz4fhhi4c34ylg5ckxsrqzs-xdg-utils-1.1.3
>
> Interesting.  Does guix gc --references show this as a reference of 
> either?

No:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

giovanni@roquette: guix gc --references /gnu/store/zhlha63p14q832jalbbxw0kqhhh7y109-nheko-0.7.2
/gnu/store/01b4w3m6mp55y531kyi1g8shh722kwqm-gcc-7.5.0-lib
/gnu/store/4gffr26pb2zpasncanbp2ibamg1c5ms6-openssl-1.1.1k
/gnu/store/69y8wal7imi807fwh08krb0i232pfisa-qtdeclarative-5.15.2
/gnu/store/6g4spblh6jc9j9hvp89mgkwvafwmpgn4-qtgraphicaleffects-5.15.2
/gnu/store/7nxm45q90q498yqsl1jzqg4xx26pw8wd-lmdb-0.9.29
/gnu/store/cx3vgnz27hg5y29zs64n3ig571cybb1w-qttools-5.15.2
/gnu/store/dm4h4hj5h12cqd4f9rn41z42507w68f7-mtxclient-0.3.1
/gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31
/gnu/store/hcmdv3ds3zhhd92dz74q9rlryl890rkp-qtbase-5.15.2
/gnu/store/mlivvw4nnxh2mdi4wkxgqda6iqhw8ghd-qtsvg-5.15.2
/gnu/store/pkw1rn6i5yirs1mvrpwkkildmdhn9m31-qtmultimedia-5.15.2
/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16
/gnu/store/r4saz805s8m2rxxkfhf4clph5f42jla2-qtquickcontrols2-5.15.2
/gnu/store/s54c6rbl40416ll0krrr52m3yivxcl3x-libsodium-1.0.18
/gnu/store/vp2s1nxsc9vvc1ix66xpbf041f8nacxr-boost-1.72.0
/gnu/store/x8b1fankki15gjhfnq5s6avakk5h3mnh-libolm-3.2.3
/gnu/store/zhlha63p14q832jalbbxw0kqhhh7y109-nheko-0.7.2
/gnu/store/zx9bas9gashykyhh6sx8wxhbpc3bkiaa-cmark-0.29.0

giovanni@roquette: guix gc --references /gnu/store/3bclhbnd8y80584hpx8b7cjssxbr7d20-quaternion-0.0.9.4f
/gnu/store/01b4w3m6mp55y531kyi1g8shh722kwqm-gcc-7.5.0-lib
/gnu/store/24fhkid2xf8p9gsfld3f73ripx2qwv84-qtdeclarative-5.15.2
/gnu/store/3bclhbnd8y80584hpx8b7cjssxbr7d20-quaternion-0.0.9.4f
/gnu/store/5xk002srhvpc68v427sblrjy1pzpgz9z-qtbase-5.15.2
/gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31
/gnu/store/gqc38clmj5sl3gm41hpamjlsjwwnxvrb-qtsvg-5.15.2
/gnu/store/h6hjjl13p1knaq8bxv7kr478xpafqsyd-libqmatrixclient-0.5.3.2
/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16
/gnu/store/s419b66aq1nh40rynscv8vg1jign9lv4-qtquickcontrols2-5.15.2
/gnu/store/vf5cz1np53bc7r9ci99dzm1fb6lw5nqr-qtmultimedia-5.15.2
/gnu/store/xkyb0l7xrcsrnpl5v5jm39r38rmi2rz9-qtquickcontrols-5.15.2

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> There have been instances of references being hidden from the 
> garbage collector by compression or overzealous (and pointless) 
> 'optimisations'.  It hardly ever happens in practice but it does.

Yesterday I did a garbage collection via "guix gc", could have been
this? ...probably not

> If not, could you grep your ~/.cache

I did a "find ~/.cache -type f -exec grep --color -nH --null -e
bi4m86lripz4fhhi4c34ylg5ckxsrqzs \{\} +" (via Emacs) and it found a
reference to that hash in this files:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

/home/giovanni/.cache/guix/substitute/4refhwxbjmeua2kwg2nmzhv4dg4d3dorpjefq7kiciw2pfhaf26a/bmja5y9brkik91xvnhh77mvzqng49mca.1:(narinfo (version 2) (cache-uri "https://ci.guix.gnu.org") (date 1622130820) (ttl 7776000) (value "StorePath: /gnu/store/bmja5y9brkik91xvnhh77mvzqng49mca-libreoffice-6.4.7.2

[...]

/home/giovanni/.cache/guix/substitute/4refhwxbjmeua2kwg2nmzhv4dg4d3dorpjefq7kiciw2pfhaf26a/7c5mr66p7mfk2v5wkjac2appkz1mhr9b.1:(narinfo (version 2) (cache-uri "https://ci.guix.gnu.org") (date 1622130821) (ttl 7776000) (value "StorePath: /gnu/store/7c5mr66p7mfk2v5wkjac2appkz1mhr9b-ungoogled-chromium-90.0.4430.93-0.3184907\nURL

[...]

/home/giovanni/.cache/guix/substitute/4refhwxbjmeua2kwg2nmzhv4dg4d3dorpjefq7kiciw2pfhaf26a/5wb44pnvg1hzky50m51mnwihgqc1rx8p.1:(narinfo (version 2) (cache-uri "https://ci.guix.gnu.org") (date 1622133082) (ttl 7776000) (value "StorePath: /gnu/store/5wb44pnvg1hzky50m51mnwihgqc1rx8p-libreoffice-6.4.7.2

[...]

/home/giovanni/.cache/guix/substitute/4refhwxbjmeua2kwg2nmzhv4dg4d3dorpjefq7kiciw2pfhaf26a/5wb44pnvg1hzky50m51mnwihgqc1rx8p.1:(narinfo (version 2) (cache-uri "https://ci.guix.gnu.org") (date 1622133082) (ttl 7776000) (value "StorePath: /gnu/store/5wb44pnvg1hzky50m51mnwihgqc1rx8p-libreoffice-6.4.7.2

[...]

/home/giovanni/.cache/guix/substitute/4refhwxbjmeua2kwg2nmzhv4dg4d3dorpjefq7kiciw2pfhaf26a/hgn7s1pz9hdbc3n890rw7f7m6yshdgys.1:(narinfo (version 2) (cache-uri "https://ci.guix.gnu.org") (date 1622133107) (ttl 7776000) (value "StorePath: /gnu/store/hgn7s1pz9hdbc3n890rw7f7m6yshdgys-ungoogled-chromium-90.0.4430.212-0.3184907

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

AFAIU nothing related to my issue.

> and ~/.local directories for that hash?

Nothing in ~/.local

> Some programmes have a bug where they save absolute file names 
> instead of looking in $PATH every time.  That should be fixed
> upstream.

Probably some qt related tool stored the (wrong/old) absolute path of
xdg-open and both nheko and quaternion on my desktop are using that
value when they try to open URLs... so yes, I'm almost sure the issue
is related to my environment/configuration.

...but what... where?!?

>> Maybe adding xdg-utils to the inputs of nheko and quaternion solves 
>> this issue?
>
> How could either package refer to xdg-utils if it weren't already an 
> input?  I don't see how.

ehrm... forget it please :-D

[...]

...still investigating.

Thanks! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures