Subject: Re: [bug#49457] [PATCH v2] gnu: Add emacs-consult-notmuch.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 13:38:14 +0200

Hello,

Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>
>> However, I think it is a bug if Emacs Magit does not work with git in
>> profile. We should modify the source so both magit-git-executable and
>> magit-gitk-executable point to those from inputs.
>>
>> I suggest to open a new bug report about it, WDYT?
>
> Rewriting magit-git-executable to an absolute file name will break Magit
> for those that use it over TRAMP.

Point taken. However, such users can fix it by modifying the
`magit-git-executable' defcustom again, can't they?

So, the situation would arguably not be worse that what it is currently,
since it simply doesn't work for users relying on a local installation
of git, and those are probably more common.

Also, a third option: since we're not making use of git input at
runtime, why should it be an input at all? If it is needed at build
time, a native-input should suffice.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou