Subject: Re: [bug#49457] [PATCH v2] gnu: Add emacs-consult-notmuch.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 11:13:37 +0200

Hi,

(Sorry for this naive question.)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 at 09:41, Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Thank you. However, notmuch should be an input, there's no reason to
>>> propagate it into user's profile.
>>
>> There is a (require 'notmuch) in consult-notmuch code, so we need
>> notmuch.el on the load-path, sadly, but we don't have a separate
>> emacs-notmuch package for it and therefore we have to propagate the
>> whole notmuch package here :(
>
> Duh! You're right, of course.

For my personal understanding because I am not familiar with Emacs
packages and package propagation.  The package ’emacs-magit’ has ’git’
as inputs and AFAIK it does not work without Git installed in the
profile.  Why is it different?

Cheers,
simon