Subject: [bug#49451] Adding package aparte (rust XMPP TUI client)

From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 12:42:40 +0200

On Tue, Jul 06 2021, southerntofu--- via Guix-patches via wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In this threads I will submit patches to include package aparte, from
> 0.2.0 release on Github. There's a few missing crates that will be
> added to gnu/packages/crates-io.scm, and the aparte package is added
> to gnu/packages/messaging.scm as suggested in the #guix IRC channel.
>
> This is my first package for guix so don't hesitate to tell me if i'm
> doing something wrong. Also, i noticed some packages in crates-io.scm
> are not ordered alphabetically. I tried not to mess the order even
> more but did not reorder packages which were already misordered.

I just reviewed the series; I don’t know much about Rust in Guix, so
maybe I have missed some Rust-specific things.  A tip is to run ‘guix
lint’ on each package; this will catch some of the common mistakes
people make. :)

I haven’t been able to build the ‘aparte’ package because I am having
trouble applying patch [07/20].  Could you check if you can apply the
patches on top of the ‘master’ branch?